A feast for the eyes and the taste buds!
Our 9th annual fundraiser, Colour Your Palate, was on May 11, 2016 at the University Club, University of Victoria.
We raised $20,000 for our programs! Read our blog post about the event.
The secret ingredient is … yellow?
Victoria’s version of the Iron Chef with a twist is the annual signature fundraising event for the artsREACH program. The event pits local chefs against each other to create a colour-inspired canapé, using a randomly drawn colour. Colours in previous draws include: yellow, blue, red, purple, orange, and green.
With their colour drawn one month before the event, chefs select their ingredients, experiment and perfect their canapé before the competition.
At the event, professional judges blind-taste and vote for winners in two categories: “Best Tasting Creation” and “Most Colourful Creation.” Guests receive a complimentary glass of wine or beer, visit each chef’s station and sample each canapé. Guests vote for their favourite canapé as part of the “People’s Choice” award, bid in the Silent Auction and can win a fabulous door prize!
This year’s chefs
- Brentwood College School / Chef Morgan Milward
- Fireside Grill / Chef Jonathan James
- Food For Thought Catering / Chef Kevin Gomes
- 10 Acres Group / Chef Marcelo Najarro
- Saveur Restaurant / Chef Rob Cassels
- Shel’s Kitchen on Pender Island / Chef Shelley Richards
- The Royal Victoria Yacht Club / Chef Andrew Dickinson
- The University Club / Chef Mark Davie
- Toque Catering / Chef Nicholas Waters
- Westin Bear Mountain / Chef Mark Wadsworth
Our esteemed panel of judges